Netflix show: Cable Girls 👭 👭

 


My very first article, I'm stressed 😱

    Today for my first post I would like to talk about the series Las Chicas Del Cable or better known in English speaking countries as Cable girls. 

    Before giving you my point of view I will give you a brief summary. It's the story of a young woman, Alba Romero who will change her name to Lidia Aguilar after the death of her best friend. To escape the death penalty she will have to rob the telephone company in Madrid where her first love, Francisco Gómez, is the director. From there, a lot of adventures and events will await her and her new friends. 


  I discovered this series 1 month ago and finished the series 2 weeks ago. How can I tell you that I loved it!!!!! First of all I love Spanish series, I don't know if it's the language, the actors or the sets but I love it. Then, the years 1920-1930 is a period that fascinates me whether it's History or everyday life. This series is great if you want to understand the condition of women in Spain during that period. If you pay attention, this series also deals with the great current topics (you will probably see/hear things that will revolt you, but that's the point!). 

    It's very well filmed, the choice of background music is brilliant, however, and I think you'll realize this, there are some slight anachronisms: sometimes you can hear electro/techno music in certain scenes that are not adapted to the period. 

    Concerning Lidia's new friends. They all have different personalities but they complement each other. First of all we have Angeles who is a rather defensive person because of her husband's behavior, then we have the newcomer Marga, who is very shy but who will reveal herself to the seasonal queues and then we have Carlota who likes to challenge the society of the time and does whatever she wants whenever she wants. They are all endearing and sometimes annoying but as I said they complement each other and their friendship is really beautiful to see.

        My favorite character? Carlos! He's one of Lidia's suitors. At the beginning he is more presented as a mama's boy who spends his time squandering the family fortune and hitting on all the girls in the country but what I liked about him is really his development through the seasons. He goes from a little boy to a real man. And on top of that he's cute so it was nice to see him on the screen.

    The actors are great but I don't know about you but I have the impression that in Spain there are 5 actors to share all the roles 😂. The main actors Blanca Suarez (Lidia Aguilar / Alba Romero) Martiño Rivas (Carlos De Cifuentes) and Yon Gonzáles ( Francisco Gómez) have all three played in another series El Internado. 

Feel free to tell me what you thought of this series ✨

I hope you liked this first article, see you next time! 😘

I.G

Comments